Hostel life is part of the larger life of the campus: a preparation for their future life in the world. Cambridge Convent School has 3 hostels that have junior boys, middle boys, senior boys and girls housed separately under the able custody of well trained wardens and a team of care takers/ dorm assistants who at every level look into the needs of students; ensuring physical, emotional and psychological development so that each individual grows into a balanced personality. Each student will thus learn to view hostel life as a whole, and realise that the learning process does not confine them in a narrow way to academic life alone, bus leads them out into life in many directons.
Cambridge Convent School Hostel
Cambridge Convent School, a group of schools accredited by the CBSE, is a privilege for those who have easy access to it but is more than a boon for those who are residing away from it, for they can avail themselves of the rich hostel facility. As a matter of fact, it creates an environment of mutual respect among the teachers, students and the taught, where each student’s health and welfare are of paramount importance. Our discipline system is firm but based on the principles of natural justice and fairness.
Cambridge Convent School, Sardarshahar provides separate and safe residential facilities to junior and senior boys from 1 st to 12 th .The dorms are designed and organized in such a way that they provide a homely atmosphere. Experienced and caring dorm parents are appointed to look after the boys.
The corrective and constructive steps are taken time to time by school administration for better atmosphere. Since we know the success of every child is contingent on its persistent toiling and sweating, we try every possible mean so that they can do their best.
We are proud to have a mother’s kitchen in form of mess to provide balanced meals. Just as food is necessary for the physical growth of the body, learning and education are indispensable parts for proper nourishment. Hence, cultural activities and competitions are organized time to time. Boarders enhance their hobbies in hobby classes i.e. School Band brought many laurels in past few years.
Separate Boys & Girls Hostel:
There are two hostel blocks in Sardarshahar in the school premises. The first one is for Boys and second one is for Girls. Hostel is centrally air-cooled and spacious. It has been designed meticulously to fulfill the challenging requirements of the children of all age/gender groups. It includes separate dormitories for junior students and rooms for senior students. The junior dormitories are adequately spacious with attached wash rooms, changing rooms and toilets. Each child is provided with separate bed, study table, almirah etc. Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System with water cooler has also been made available. Uninterrupted power supply has been ensured in all hostels round the clock with the help of a Power Generator. To make proper use of free time, the boarders are provided with common room, recreation room and indoor game facilities.
Preparatory Classes and Coaching Classes for the Boarders:
All the boarders have been divided class wise for evening and night classes. All the necessary subjects are taught. One special group has been kept for slow learners. All these students are taught separately byresidential teachers for two and half hours daily in the evening class and finally homework & self study is doneunder supervision of the residential teachers in night classes of one & half hour. The progress of each boarderis judged by conducting weekly test in preparatory classes.Uninterrupted power supply has been ensured in all hostels round the clock with the help of a PowerGenerator. To make proper use of free time, the boarders are provided with common room, recreation roomand indoor game facilities.
Diet and Dining :
Most hygienic mess, situated in the campus, serves pure wholesome food. Four meals a day including breakfast with milk, lunch, evening snacks with milk, dinner and night milk are served. We feel proud in serving 100% organic food, vegetables, pulses and milk which are purchased from farmers and free from pesticides and chemicals.
Utmost care is taken in cooking and serving a well balanced nutritious diet. The authorities check every meal before it is served to the students. The most hygienic mess has capacity of 400 students to dine at a time. Teachers avail themselves of the mess facility along with the students and personally look into each student’s eating habits. To ensure good health and hygiene, food is cooked in modern cooking systems. Traditional dishes of various states is a specialty of the mess.
Activities of the Boarders:
Daily routine of the boarders is as follows: Morning conditioning / exercise / Yoga, Morning Prep (supervised study), Hobby Classes, Evening Prep (supervised study), Evening Games, Coaching in various subjects (by resident teachers), Meditation, Horse Riding, Watching TV (English News & Selected Serials) & Saturday Movie. Along with this Annual Tour & Excursion during winter break are also organized. Main features of the Boarders are Horse Riding, Swimming, Skating and Rock Climbing.
- Boarders will compulsorily speak in English among themselves.
- Boarders are prohibited to bring any costly article to the hostel such as Transistors, Camera, Tape-recorder, Albums, Magazines, Playing Cards, Mobile Phone, SIM, MP4, Pen Drive, iPod, Memory Card, CD, DVD or any type of storage device ,ornaments, cosmetics & money etc. If any boarder is found with such articles/ items, it will be destroyed at the same time and will not be returned.
- Boarders shall maintain cleanliness in the hostel, dining-hall, common room and the hostel environs.
- Boarders are not allowed to visit residential accommodation of any staff member.
- Telephonic conversation between the parents and the boarders is not encouraged. However, parents may talk to the wards on every Sunday between 10:00 am and 04:00 pm as per the convenience of the hostel warden.
- A boarder is not allowed to go out of the hostel premises without principal’s permission.
- Boarders have to adhere to the school guidelines displayed on the hostel notice board from time to time.
- Boarders will set an example of discipline in the dining hall, common room, dormitory, playground etc.
- Money transactions and exchange of gifts is not allowed in the hostel.
- Parents are not permitted to visit the hostel dormitories under any circumstances.
- Friends, distant relatives and visitors will not be allowed to meet the boarders without proper identification.
- Boarders are not allowed to go out or call tutors for tuition.
- Boarders are not allowed to visit guardians or their homes during working days or at the end of each term.
- Vacation time may also be utilized for educational tours, remedial teaching etc. Parents are expected to extend their support.
- Boarders will choose/elect their own council for supervision, organization of various programmes and activities to assist the hostel warden.
- Food parcels from parents are strictly prohibited. These will be distributed among all boarders if received by any hosteller.
- A boarder if found using unfair means during any exam will be expelled from the hostel and school.
- Boarders will wear specific kit for every event / function.
- Boarders are not allowed to wear bathroom slippers outside the dormitory.
- Failure to abide by hostel rules and regulation or no academic progress shown by the child, the principal has the right to ask a parent to withdraw the child from the hostel.
- Boarders who are asked to be withdrawn by the parents or those who are expelled by the school authority will not be entitled to any refund of boarding fee.
- It is compulsory for all the boarders to attend the educational tours organized by the school from time to time.
- In case of emergency, if any boarder is to be operated medically, the school has all rights to take the decision in favour of the situation.
- School will not be held responsible if a boarder leaves hostel without permission. If it happens, such boarder will be taken back neither in hostel nor in school and no refund of any type of fee will be made.
- In case of any health problem of a boarder, school will provide the facility upto school first aid if a boarder visit to hospital in any case every expenses is to be borne by parent (s).
- If any tour/camp organised by school, the school is authorised to take its own decision i.e no consent isrequired from the parents.
Hostel Rules :
Boarders are not permitted to go home during the school term except for in a few cases as mentioned below:
- Student may be allowed maximum leave for three days for the wedding of their real brother or sister.
- Leave shall not be granted during examination or close to examination.
- Leave may be granted for some particular treatment of the student.
- Leave shall be granted only on written request made to the principal by parents.
- No leave shall be granted on the student’s request and no leave shall be granted on the request made by parents through telegram / fax / e-mail etc.
- Parents should obtain proper out-pass from the principal indicating the date and time, when the student is to return after leave. If the student does not return on the due date then Rs.100/- will be charged per day. The same rule applies for returning late after the summer winter or any other vacations.
- If a student remains absent due to some illness, medical certificates showing sickness and fitness separately should accompany the leave application.
- Principal reserves all rights to grant/cancel leaves in special cases.
Unit/ Formative /Term report will be sent to the parents giving details of continuous academic progress of the ward followed by a full-fledged final report at the end of the academic session.
Evening Coching06:00pm to 08:30pm05:25pm to 08:00pm
|Getting up & morning ablutions||05.00am to 06:40am||06:00am to 06:45am|
|Conditioning||06:00am to 06:40am||06:45am to 07:30am|
|Bath & Dress Up||06:40am to 07:30am||07:30am to 08:15am|
|Breakfast||07:30am to 07:50am||08:20am to 08:40am|
|School Studies||07:50am to 12:10pm||08:45am to 12:05pm|
|Lunch/Recess||12:10pm to 12:40pm||12:05pm to 12:30pm|
|School Studies||12:40pm to 01:50pm||12:30pm to 02:30pm|
|Rest||01:50pm to 04:00pm||02:30pm to 03:30pm|
|Evening Remedial Foundation Classes||04:00pm to 05:00pm||03:30pm to 04:30pm|
|Hobby Classes & Games||05:10pm to 05:50pm||04:30pm to 05:20pm|
|Dinner||07:30pm to 08:00pm||07:30pm to 08:00pm|
|Night Supervised Study||08:30pm to 10:30pm||08:15pm to 10:15pm|
|Go to Bed||10:30pm||10:15pm|
Note: Saturday Night-Movie After Dinner upto 11:00pm
Sunday Night-Cultural Activities After Dinner upto 11:00pm
In other words each day, for Boarders, begins with the morning conditioning after they complete their morning ablutions. After attending regular school,students go and attend their hobby classes followed by evening preps. Dinner is served after these classes and students attend night classes before they finally go to bed.
Along with this, celebrating all religious festivals, weekly outings, annual tour & excursion during winter break are also organized. Main features of the Boarders are horse riding, swimming, skating rockclimbilng, judo, Taekwondo, Yoga & other sports. Participation in cultural programme is compulsory for the boarderson every Sunday night.